Congratulations to Mark S. Samila, KDDK Co-Managing Partner, on being named The Best Lawyers in America© 2021 “Lawyer of the Year” for Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law in Evansville.
Best Lawyers listings are compiled based on an exhaustive peer-review evaluation, and lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed. For the 2021 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America, 9.4 million votes were analyzed. The individual lawyer with the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic region is recognized as the “Lawyer of the Year” for each specialty and location.
Samila is among 14 KDDK attorneys selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2021 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America for areas of practice as follows:
- Jeff Ahlers, Partner: Environmental Litigation
- Ted Barron, Partner: Healthcare Law
- KAB Brasseale, Co-Managing Partner: Construction Law, Real Estate Law
- Maria Bulkley, Partner: Land Use and Zoning Law
- Allison Comstock, Partner: Real Estate Law, Trusts and Estates
- Larry Downs, Of Counsel (inactive): Labor Law (Management)
- Monica Edwards, Partner: Real Estate Law
- Shannon Frank, Partner: Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law, Construction Law, Real Estate Law, Trusts and Estates
- Jake Fulcher, Partner: Labor Law (Management), Labor and Employment Litigation
- Jon Goldman, Of Counsel: Employment Law (Management), Labor Law (Management)
- Jeff Helfrich, Co-Managing Partner: Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law, Commercial Finance Law, Commercial Transactions/UCC Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Real Estate Law
- Mark Samila, Co-Managing Partner: Banking and Finance Law, Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law, Corporate Law, Real Estate Law
- Mike Schopmeyer, Partner: Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Construction Law, Economic Development Law, Environmental Law, Environmental Litigation, Real Estate Law
- Brian Williams, Partner: Economic Development Law, Trusts and Estates Litigation
In addition, KDDK attorney Matt Malcolm was included in the inaugural edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for his work in Tax Law. Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch recognizes extraordinary lawyers who have been in private practice for less than 10 years.