Mark Samila is a business lawyer who works extensively with privately-owned businesses and their owners on the purchase and sale of businesses, equity investments, business and succession planning and tax and estate planning. Mark blends his accounting and financial background with his legal experience. In so doing, he provides legal analysis and also understands and considers the business and financial implications of a client’s legal options.
- 1986: University of Missouri, Columbia, Mo., B.S. cum laude
- 1989: University of Missouri, Columbia, Mo., J.D.
- State of Indiana
- State of Illinois
- State of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
- Selected, The Best Lawyers in America©, “Lawyer of the Year” for Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law in Evansville (2021)
- Selected, The Best Lawyers in America©, Banking and Finance Law
- Selected, The Best Lawyers in America©, Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law
- Selected, The Best Lawyers in America©, Corporate Law
- Selected, The Best Lawyers in America©, Real Estate Law
- Rated, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell®
- Selected, Indiana Super Lawyers® Magazine
Mark has been involved in transactions including the following:
- Sale of Sterling Boiler & Mechanical, Inc.
- Sale of A & D Constructors, Inc.
- Sale of Wabash Container Corporation
- Sale of Mood Media Franchises
- Sale of Mulzer Crushed Stone, Inc.
- Sale of Fire and Rain, LLC
- Investment in Addixxion Resources of Kentucky, LLC
- Purchase of Matt’s Cookie Company, Inc.
- Purchase of XMi Holdings, Inc.
- Purchase of Coburn Ford
- Purchase of Marshall Chevrolet
- Purchase of Lindsay Lincoln Mercury
- Sale of 104.1 FM – WIKY
- Sale of 96.1FM – WSTO
- Sale of 107.5 FM – WABX
- Sale of 93.5 FM – WLFW
- Sale of 92.9 FM – WJXA
- Sale of 96.3 FM – WCJK
- Sale of 97.5 FM- WJXB
- Sale of 95.7 FM – WVRX
- Sale of 103.5 FM – WIMZ
- Sale of Research Systems Corporation
- Sale of Leisure Living West, LLC
- Deaconess Bond Financing