Brian Williams has practiced business litigation, economic development, contract and employment litigation, real estate, estate planning, and trust litigation for nearly 40 years. He brings a keen understanding of people and organizations to his legal practice. Brian is an effective advocate for his clients in the court room or at the mediation table, as well as an effective advocate for a new business seeking to locate in this community. Having honed his skills in the court room and as a civic leader, Brian’s advocacy skills empower clients to achieve their goals in an effective manner. Brian previously served as one of the firm’s Co-Managing Partners.
- 1978: Indiana University, Bloomington, Ind., B.A.
- 1981: Indiana University Maurer School of Law, Bloomington, Ind., J.D.
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Recipient, Boy Scouts of America, Silver Buffalo Award, 2018
- Recipient, President’s Award, Indiana University Alumni Association, 2017
- Recipient, Rotary Club of Evansville, Civic Award, 2016 (co-recipient with wife and fellow attorney Barbara Williams)
- Honored, The Indiana Lawyer, Distinguished Barrister, 2015
- Rated, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell®
- Selected, The Best Lawyers in America©, Economic Development Law
- Selected, Indiana Super Lawyers® Magazine, 2004
- Recipient, Rotary Club, Cliff Dochterman Community Service Award
- Southwestern Indiana Regional Comprehensive Development Committee Delegate for Sister City Trip to Tochigi City, Japan
- Recipient, Evansville Bar Association, James B. Gresham Freedom Award
- Recipient, Boy Scouts of America, Silver Antelope Award
- Recipient, Indiana University School of Law, Distinguished Service Award
- Recipient, United Way of Southwestern Indiana, Volunteer of the Year Award
- Civitan Club Citizens of the Year
- Indiana University Blue Key and Board of Aeons
- Rotary Paul Harris Fellow